Delhi has history and culture to spare, but for all the museums and ruins, one of the best reasons to linger in the capital is to satisfy your belly. Delhiites love to eat, and visitors will find that life in the city is a constant dipping buffet. In between dining in nationally-renowned temples of gastronomy, locals will pause at roadside stalls for plates of chaat (Indian-style salad) and pakora, or slip into backstreet canteens for the city’s finest, fresh-from-the-tandoor kebabs. Most midrange and all upmarket restaurants charge a service tax of around 10%, while drinks taxes can suck a further 20% (alcoholic) or 12.5% (nonalcoholic) from your money belt. Taxes haven’t been included unless indicated.
One of the best places to eat in Delhi
, the North Campus is one area where you won’t be disappointed when it comes to street food, snacking joints, fast food, and multi-cuisine diners. Remember, this is a place that is bustling with students from all over India who have limited pocket money to spend. So yes, the food that you shall find here would not only be diverse but also cheap and delicious too!
- Famous Cuisine: Street Food, Sweets, North Indian, Fast Food, Sweets, and Region Specific & Multi-Cuisine
- Best Picks: Momo’s Point, Bille Di Hatti, Chache Di Hatti, Shagun Asian Eatery, Bamboo Hut, and South Indian Cafe.
Hudson Lane, GTB Nagar
Very close the main North Campus area, Hudson Lane is one place where you will find one of the finest cafes and best restaurants in Delhi
. Mostly serving Italian, Cafe, and Fast Food cuisine, these quirky joints offer an amazing culinary experience at an extremely pocket-friendly price. We recommend this place to all!
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food, Cafe, Italian, American, Chinese, and North Indian
- Best Picks: Woodbox Cafe, Mad Monkey, Indus Flavours, QD’s, Ricos, and BYD (Big Yellow Door).
If you are looking for economical yet great cafe’s to satisfy your hunger pangs, then Satya Niketan aka South Campus is the place to be. The area which is once again bustling with students from all over India has some of the most value for money and cool cafes like Scooter on the Wall, Big Yellow Door, and QD’s. Just like the Hudson Lane in North Campus, food served here is delicious!
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food & Shakes, Italian, American, Cafe, Chinese, and North Indian Grill
- Best Picks: Chowringhee Lane, QD’s, Echoes, BYD (Big Yellow Door), Kev’s, and Vadapav Junction
One of the most iconic and famous food places in Delhi
, Old Delhi is the place where it all started. Your chaat papri, dahi bhallas, jalebi, Daulat ki Chaat and so on and so forth, yes, it all began from here. A paradise for street food, authentic Mughlai cuisine, and sweets lovers, Old Delhi still retains its glorious charm and culinary delights of the past. For someone who likes experiential binging, this is the place to be!
- Famous cuisines: Street Food & Sweets
- Best Picks: Chainaram, Meghraj & Sons, Haldiram, Tiwari Bros, Old Famous Jalebiwala, Shiv Mishthan Bhandaar, and Ghantewala Halwai, Natraj Bhalle Wala, Khemchand Adesh Kumar’s Daulat Ki Chaat, Lotan Chole Wala, Jung Bahadur Kachori Wala, and Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandaar and Bishan Swaroop for chaat.
Located near India Gate, Pandara Road has some of the best places to eat in Delhi.
It is an upmarket choice for all those who are looking for an excellent meal in a niche part of the city. One can find some of the best fine dining restaurants in Delhi
here and these include Have More, Gulati, and Chicken Inn (all North Indian). Ichiban is the go-to place for lovers of Pan Asian and Pindi is the one for tandoori food lovers. For vegetarians, the best option is Veg Gulati.
- Famous Cuisines: North Indian, Chinese, Multi-Cuisine, North Indian Grill, Pan Asian, and Sweets
- Best Picks: Have More, Gulati, Chicken Inn, Veg Gulati, and Ichiban
Food lovers will find a lot of good places to eat in Delhi
here. NSP not only offers a perfect mix of street food, fast food, and fine dining restaurants but also has some of the best shakes in town. Aloo Tikki and chaat lovers can visit the iconic BTW while students looking for a quick bite can visit Billu’s Hut and Hashtag Foods. Apart from this, one can also go in for a fine dining option and pay a visit to restaurants like Sura Ve, Themis Barbecue House, Eleven Course, and Barbeque Nation.
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food & Shakes, Street Food, North Indian Grill, North Indian, and Multi cuisine.
- Best Picks: BTW, Billu’s Hut, Sura Ve, Barbeque Nation, and Eleven Course.7.
Jama Masjid area and the lane opposite – Bazaar Matia Mahal has some of the best eating places in Delhi
. From keema samosas, to grilled botis to kebabs and jalebi, no foodie who has gone to Jama Masjid has ever come back unhappy.
- Famous Cuisines: Street Food, Mughlai, Grill, and Sweets
- Best Picks: Karim’s, Al Jawahar, Aslam Chicken Corner, Kallan Sweets, Haji Mohd. Hussain Fried Chicken, and Ameer Sweet House
Nizamuddin is one of Delhi’s oldest settlements and is an iconic spot because of its celebrated Dargah, railway station, and of course the delicious food. One can find eateries in every nook and corner of this area and it ranges from delicious kebabs to sweets to Mughlai delicacies. Definitely, a must visit for every foodie out there.
- Famous Cuisines: Street Food, Mughlai Cuisines, Tandoori Grill, and Traditional sweets.
- Best Picks: Karim’s, Gulfam Kashmiri Wazwan, and Ghalib Kabab Corner
Also known as mini-Kolkata, Chittaranjan Park, is a treat for not only Bengali food lovers but also for those with a sweet tooth. From fish to rolls to sweets and puchkas, be ready for a heavenly street food experience when you’re here.
- Famous Cuisines: Street food, Bengali, Bengali Sweets
- Best Picks: Raju Puchka Wala, Kolkata Hot Kathi Roll, Mad About Momos, Annapurna Sweet House
Dhabas opposite IIFT
Located opposite the IFFT in Qutab Institutional Area, this road has some amazing dhabas under its name. The most famous out of these is Laxman Fast Food
, a dhaba that serves paranthas overloaded with mutton and butter. Surrounded by trees on side and building on the opposite, spending some time eating Chinese and drinking some tea is something you won’t regret. Also, that experience is further elevated when you visit this place in the winters.
- Famous Cuisines: North Indian, Tea & Coffee, Chinese, and Fast Food.
- Best Picks: Laxman Dhaba, Mangal Ji & Gupta Ji Dhaba
New Friends Colony
Another one of the best eating places in Delhi
, New Friends Colony has something for all kinds of food lovers. From lip-smacking shawarmas to South Indian dosas to cafes and fast food, NFC has always been a go-to destination for everyone who craved yum food.
- Famous Cuisines: South Indian, Lebanese, Street Food, North Indian, Kerala Cuisine, Mughlai, Continental, Italian, and Tex Mex.
- Best Picks: Sab Ki Khatir, Tunday Kababi, Bon Bon Pastry Shop, Pebble Street, Al Bake, Angels In My Kitchen,
From fancy revolving restaurants to the delicious local rajma chawal, Connaught Place does not discriminate when it comes to food. Home to some of the best restaurants in Delhi
and also iconic dhabas, one can relish all kinds of cuisines here – be it local, regional, or international.
- Famous Cuisines: Local cuisine, North Indian, International, Regional, Cafe, and Fast Food
- Best Picks: Kake Da Hotel, Parikrama, Jain Chawal Wale, Minar, and much more.
One of the first colonies established in Delhi, Amar Colony, still retains its charm and the delicious food that it is known for. Home to a diverse population from India, Africa, and Afghanistan, there is no doubt, diversity in food here too. Most of the shops are situated in the main market and are close to each other. Food lovers, another paradise for you!
- Famous Cuisines: Northeastern, North Indian, South Indian, Street Food, & Sweets
- Best Picks: Dolma Aunty Momos, Baba Nagpal Ke Chhole Bhature, Muttu South Indian Anna, Kulfiano, Gopala, and Queen’s Kitchen
Karol Bagh is one market that is a melting pot of cultures and it only justified that it reflects in its food too. From street to shakes to fast food to dhaba style and restaurants, Karol Bagh is one place where you can pamper your inner foodie to the fullest.
- Famous Cuisine: Street Food, North Indian, Punjabi, Cafe, Bakery, South Indian, and Multi-Cuisine
- Best Picks: Roshan Di Kulfi, Anjalika, Om Corner Chhole Bhature, Art Of Spices, Sindhi Corner, Sandoz, and Changezi
Safdarjung Enclave & SDA Market
One of the poshest areas, Safdarjung Enclave has some of the best eating places in Delhi
and that includes a fully fledged DDA market. From the iconic Rajinder Da Dhaba to the north Indian cuisine of Spica Angan in SDA, people of all ages love indulging in the food here.
- Famous Cuisines: North Indian, Tandoori Grill, Chinese, Multi-Cuisine, Chinese, Cafe, and Street Food.
- Best Picks: Rajinder Da Dhaba, Spice Angan, Burger Singh, Theobroma, Keventers, and Scooter On The Wall.